The Community Alliance Party is a dynamic alliance of ACT residents, family members, community and business people seeking to establish balanced government and to make ACT an affordable, well-serviced and better place to live.
The Community Alliance is unique in the way it has arisen in the ACT and brought together family, community and business people from all walks of life.
The Alliance offers ACT voters something exciting, positive and well-grounded.
WHY THE ALLIANCE IS NEEDED
A community alliance will help improve services, reduce your rates and charges and restore, open government, community participation and democracy so abused by recent ACT governments.
This community alliance is needed to help ACT residents, who have seen rates, fees and charges escalate each year, while the government has:
- closed your community schools and facilities
- reduced your access to health services
- mismanaged your water supply
- made your transport and parking systems dysfunctional
- wasted your money
- disregarded your views and
- failed to safeguard you, your community and the ACT.
A community-based alliance can bring you better and more affordable ACT by advancing community members into a balanced and accountable government.
WHAT THE ALLIANCE STANDS FOR
The Community Alliance stands for ACT communities and particularly for improving your services, facilities and affordability through:
- meeting your needs for education, health, family, community, business and the environment while eliminating wasteful projects and policies
- setting affordable rates, fees and charges for government services
- promoting open government, greater accountability, genuine community participation and balanced government
- sustaining communities, business and the environment through good governance
The Alliance is working with residents, communities and expert advisers to develop policies that cover the portfolio areas, needs and priorities of the ACT.
THE COMMUNITY ALLIANCE PARTY EXECUTIVE (2012~2013)
|Party President||Mike Crowther||
|Vice-President & Policy Director||Dr. Chris Braddick||
|Secretary||Dr. Alvin Hopper||
|First Ordinary Member||Caroline Ambrus||c
|Second Ordinary Member||John Armstead||