We the undersigned, after consulting with the many and varied communities of the ACT freely enter into this morally binding contract with our fellow citizens, and if elected to the Legislative Assembly we undertake to:
1) Re-open Hall, Tharwa, Cook, and Flynn schools immediately and promote all public schools as true neighbourhood centres for the entire community
2) Develop local, community health and wellbeing centres in areas of need, with integrated early intervention and preventative health checks
3) Require that all new retail energy generation in the ACT comes from clean and renewable sources
4) Halt the proposed water purification plant at the Lower Molonglo;
5) Repeal the recent unit title amendment legislation
6) Produce master plans for each town centre and adopt decentralised neighbourhood planning across the entire ACT
7) Match payroll taxes in NSW
8) Co-locate therapy and special education facilities for children and youth with disabilities
9) Oppose construction of the proposed gas power station and data store at its current location
10) Amend Freedom of Information legislation to promote open government
11) Abolish Stamp Duty for qualified first-time buyers
12) Construct a residential acute care facility for children with mental illness and introduce counsellors in every school
13) Make the public transport network meet community needs.
Signed by Community Alliance Party candidates:
Mike Crowther, Alvin Hopper, Val Jeffery, Roger Nicoll, Owen Saddler, Nancy-Louise Scherger, James Sizer, Jane Tullis, and Norvan Vogt.